Social media, and blogs these days show the incredible results of AI image generation. The new technology’s growing in popularity worldwide. Would you like to know more about it? Let’s find out!
The internet has a lot of information about technology but is difficult to understand. Let’s simplify the knowledge and know it better.
What is an AI image generator?
An AI image generator is a computer program that uses artificial intelligence algorithms to create images from nothing. You can use it to create images for advertising, 3D models, blog posts, artistic frames, etc.
Benefits of using an AI image generator
- AI image generators use AI algorithms to create realistic and artistic images quicker than humans do.
- Anyone, even beginners with zero knowledge of technical drawing skills can make images and artwork using AI.
- The generator’s artistic features help artists develop new work ideas for various advertising projects. For instance, creating ideas for video games, website pages, and social media pages within an hour is easy using AI.
- AI image generators can help generate plenty of images, especially useful for marketing applications.
- It helps artists or designers concentrate on the concept of an image with lesser focus on its technical aspects.
How does an AI image generator work?
The AI image generator uses a database of pre-saved images to help artists generate new ones. You have to simply type a text and the program will process an art, based on the saved images in the image generator’s database, to generate a new artwork.
What is the prompt?
AI models learn to read a Text Prompt that the user enters to process via ML technology and generate the desired images.
Some examples of a text prompt are:
- A child monk in the temple by Painting by Pablo Picasso.
- Batman superhero high-quality image
- FIFA world cup images painter David Hockney style.
How can you generate the images?
The Text Prompt method is the most commonly used way of generating images in AI. You just have to type a text into the program and that’s it! Your image is ready.
However, if you want to take your image designing experience to a higher and more professional level then you must follow some other methods.
- Make a new image using an older image.
- Outline an image sketch, and let the AI complete creating an image out of the sketch.
- Create high-quality images based on specific art types, like Art Nouveau, Expressionism, Conceptual or Pop art.
Setbacks of AI image generators?
- AI image generators create images using pre-trained models, and so tend to produce what they are trained in. For instance, if you train your AI on making Picasso pictures, it will only make images on that base; it won’t create another form of art or type of image.
- While using AI, you must know exactly what type of image you want and so know how to write the prompt. The AI matches the prompted text to its database to generate the desired image results. Therefore, some websites have stored texts (prompts) that help you work on the AI easily without wasting time on finding the right text for the prompt.
- AI-created images could be imperfect if you prompt it for a detailed image that you want. So, if you command the AI for a specific and detailed image the result might not be similar to your expectations.
- Image generator-produced images sometimes look artificial or exaggerated. For instance, if you want an image of your loved one’s face, it might not match the original image.
Best AI image generators models
You would find lots of brands offering AI image generator models today. DALL-E 2 by OpenAI is currently the most popular one due to its versatile features. Let’s find out some more of them.
1. DALL-E 2 by OpenAI
Best AI art generator
Pros & Cons
|Quick image Service||Limited Credits|
|Not copyrighted||No app|
- Generates four images per in a single prompt
- Accepts detailed text prompts
- Free credits and can be upgraded to bulk paid credits
- Monthly free credit allowance renewal
DALL-E 2 AI-image generator launched in November 2022, has gained highest popularity as one of the best image makers in the market. Launched by OpenAI, the AI research company for ChatGPT, the device produces creative and realistic images in seconds. Just type a text of your choice in the prompter, specifying your image idea in detail and get accurate results. It generates four images from a single prompt. If you don’t like the results, you can modify the prompt text and try imaging again. DALL-E2 offers 50 free credits for the first month and 15 credits every month thereafter. You can buy more credits for more images.
Best highest quality AI image generator
Pros & Cons
|High-quality image results||Expensive app|
|No duds||Initial set up is Confusing|
|Discord community chat service|
- Discord chatting allows connecting with other artists
- Highest quality images
- Generates designs and art for a variety of uses
- Starting price is $8/month
Midjourney AI art generators make image creation easy and fun for beginners and experts equally. With crystal clear images generated on a text prompt, the app creates images that look close to real. The innovative device has produced award-winning art. Moreover, signing up for the Discord chat service, helps you create detailed images and send and receive images while creating them. Midjourney offers 25 free results and allows an upgrade at a starting price of $8/per month. The chatbot shows you designs created by other artists while you are still working on your image.
3. MyHeritage’s AI Time Machine
Best self-portrait AI art generator
Pros & Cons
|Plenty of image options||Limited access to|
|High-quality portraits and images||Longer waiting period|
|Excellent profile pictures|
- Generate images with higher accuracy
- User’s portraits look realistic and takes through the ages
- Free trial window available
- Low-cost premium option
MyHeritage’s AI Time Machine as the name suggests is well known in the media world for creating realistic portraits that would take you through the ages. A lot of portrait images of TikTok users that went viral last year were created via this AI-image generator. The app uses 10 – 25 user-updated photos to generate user portraits.
30- 90 minutes of waiting time give you excellent and creative artwork that is worth the wait. Its “Try it now for free” option provides a free trial window that you can open when you refresh the site. However, if you want to work quickly on the app without waiting for the refresh time, you can pay $12 for a photo.
4. Dream by WOMBO
Best AI art generator for smartphones
Pros & Cons
|Works on smartphone and desktop||Single image per prompt|
|Multiple templates||Subscription charges for complete access|
|Recreate previously designed images|
- Smartphone and desktop app versions
- Multiple design templates
- Realistic image results
- Free access for limited text prompts
Dream by WOMBO AI art generator is equipped with pre-saved designs like fanatical, realistic, ink, expressionism, comic, abstract, etc. The multi-purpose app is ranked first in Google Play’s 2022 awards. With the help of a quick prompt, the AI device generates art images instantly. Moreover, Dream offers a free and easy-to-use desktop mobile version you can use it on your smartphone and desktop as well. You can subscribe to the service for $90 per year, $10 per month, or $170 for a lifetime.
5. Craiyon AI-art Generator
Best AI art generator that’s all-free
Pros & Cons
|Free imaging service||Longer waiting period|
|Unlimited access to prompts||Generates Lower quality images|
|Easy to use features||·|
- Completely free imaging service
- Easy to use interface
- Unlimited text prompts
- Free of cost
Craiyon is also known as DALL-E mini is an open-source alternative to paid AI image generators. It performs all services of DALL-E 2. However, the images generated are of lower quality and accuracy. You can get access to unlimited prompts, so you can tweak your prompt till you achieve your desired results. In addition, the site is easy-to-use and free AI image generator.
AI image generator/image synthesizer creates artistic portraits and images, based on text prompt inputs that we provide. It is an innovative and revolutionary AI application that’s extremely helpful for image and video creators worldwide. The user-friendly tech app uses machine learning to help art designers from the ad world to social media, create realistic images quickly and effortlessly.
However, they need to keep themselves updated with the ML tech so they don’t lose their job to AI. Nevertheless, working on AI art generators is fun and is the next big future in the world of Machine learning.
Are AI-image generator images copyrighted?
Some AI-image generator users can possibly use the technology to create fake or altered images to malign people’s images especially while creating fake news. Therefore, it’s important to know the copyrights of an AI image.
Artwork images get copyright protection, and creators have exclusive rights on using their creations. However, since AI-generated images are not usually copyright protected, their ownership might not be distinguished and we can see a lot of infringement claims on the image created.
AI can use other people’s artwork to reproduce new imagery, which ultimately comes under infringement. So the owner of the artwork created would be held responsible for the copyright infringement. However, AI or AI companies do not have any rights to their creations as the copyright law does not provide any protection on AI image generator-created artwork.
InVideo vs Pictory AI: Comparing the Top AI Video EditorsSeptember 14, 2023
How to Make Faceless YouTube Videos With Pictory AIAugust 22, 2023